Kia ora e te iwi,
June 10 is just around the corner and we are looking for kaimahi to help out with the setup of the marae to support the events on that day i.e. eruption of Tarawera commemoration, Kawe Mate and te Maimai Aroha o Mauriora Kingi.
Preparations will begin on Fri 8 June. If you are able to assist in any of the following areas please let me know asap.
Fri 8 June
– Vehicles with trailers needed to pick up seating from RGHS and deliver to Te Pakira
– People to assist with putting up marques and set up on the marae
– People to help with food preparation and set up in the wharekai
Sat 9 June
– People to help with food preparation and set up for the hakari on Sun
Sun 10 June
– People to help with last minute preparations in the wharekai and on the marae
– Vehicles with trailers to pack up seating and return to RGHS at the end of the day
This is the programme of events for Sun 10 June:
8.00am – Karakia to commemorate the eruption of Mount Tarawera and remember those who lost their lives during the eruption – Te Wairoa Carpark (before the Buried Village at Tarawera)
9.00am – Kawe mate for Tūhourangi Ngāti Wāhiao whānau who have lost loved ones in the recent past but have not yet been able to bring their mate to Te Pakira.
This is an opportunity to acknowledge and remember them as uri of Tūhourangi Ngāti Wahiao – Te Pakira Marae, Wahiao Whare Tupuna
11.00am – Pōhiri ki te motu whānui – Welcome ceremony to all manuhiri tuārangi arriving for the rememberance ceremony for Mauriora Kingi – Te Pakira Marae
Maimai Aroha for Mauriora Kingi – Te Urupā o Te Aonui, Te Rāhui, Whakarewarewa
Hakari – Te Rau Aroha Dining Room, Whakarewarewa