Tēnā koutou e aku whakatamarahi ki te rangi, e aku whakateitei ki te whenua!
Kai te tūwhera te rauna haumitanga o Te Mātawai, Te Arawa rohe
TE MATAWAI FUNDING
E te iwi, if you are interested in applying for funding to be actively actively engaged in learning te reo Māori, Te Whare Kōrero o Tūhourangi is hosting 2 sessions on how to access funding:
Tue 29 May
8pm following reo class
Thu 31 May
8pm following whaikōrero hui
Te Mātawai Funding Round for the Te Arawa Rohe is now open until 25 June 2018.
Te Whare Kōrero o Tūhourangi, the cultural subcommittee of the Tūhourangi Tribal Authority, is actively encouraging individuals, whānau and hapū who are, or want to be, actively committed to te reo Māori to apply. For more detailed information, checkout the website at https://www.tematawai.maori.nz.
The main focus areas of the fund are supporting initiatives that:
– strengthen te reo usage for whānau, hapū & iwi
– grow te reo usage in homes, on the marae and in the community
– strengthen the quality of te reo used in those spaces.
A few key points to consider if you’re contemplating applying:
– applications must be supported by marae, hapū or iwi.
– applications must be consistent with the marae/hapū/iwi reo strategy
– applications (and any subsequent reports) must be submitted in te reo Māori
Applications are made online and can be found on the Mātāwai homepage.
The Tūhourangi Reo and Tikanga Strategy 2018-2022 is available on the Tūhourangi webpage and facebook page. If you have any query, email Jacob Tapiata at firstname.lastname@example.org
Te Arawa kia mau ki tō reo tuku iho!
Nā Te Whare Kōrero o Tūhourangi
P: 07 351 8073